Though this post has existed since the start of this year, my attention was only drawn to it yesterday. Some vital points of principle, as per usual, from Ken Ham.
IGNITING A NEW REFORMATION IN 2017
"This year marks the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. In 1517 Martin Luther nailed 95 theses—complaints about the church’s unbiblical “doctrines”—to the door of a church in Wittenberg, Germany.
Five hundred years later, we believe it’s time for a new reformation.
Martin Luther opposed man’s fallible traditions taking the place of God’s Word. He called the church back to the authority of Scripture. In our day when we see rampant compromise in the church, particularly in regard to the book of Genesis, we need to do the same. Many Christians are no longer allowing God’s Word to be the authority, and are exalting man’s fallible word over Scripture. We see this clearly when man’s beliefs of millions of years and evolution are forced into the book of Genesis—the very foundation of Scripture and doctrine.
It’s no wonder many in this church generation have embraced gay “marriage,” abortion, premarital sex, and other things Scripture speaks strongly against.
SCRIPTURE IS NO LONGER THEIR AUTHORITY—MAN’S WORD IS.
AS A RESULT, WE ARE SEEING A GENERATIONAL LOSS FROM THE CHURCH!
At Answers in Genesis we are dedicated to calling the church back to the authority of the Word of God. We want to ignite a new reformation.
As I recently wrote for our January Answers Update newsletter, we want to:
• ignite a passion in young people to know the Bible and stand boldly, uncompromisingly, and unashamedly on the Word of God from the very first verse;
• ignite a fervour in Christians to “contend earnestly for the faith” (Jude 3) by showing the truth, power, and authority of the Word against the false teachings of our day;
• ignite a zeal in Christian leaders to recognise the vital need to teach creation apologetics to children and teens (and adults, too, of course) and oppose any compromise within the church with evolutionary/millions of-years beliefs;
• ignite a burden in non-Christians to challenge secular icons and seek answers to the questions that have caused them to reject God’s Word, so they will discover the truths of the Bible and be saved for eternity by receiving Christ as Saviour;
• ignite an intense desire in parents to educate their children in accord with biblical principles and raise up godly offspring who will know what they believe concerning God’s Word and why they believe what they do—and thus are equipped to defend the Christian faith against the secular attacks of our day."
[ From: https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2017/01/01/igniting-new-reformation-2017/ ]